2018 Scholarship Program
Cash for your college fund.
(Cap and gown not included.)
Congratulations to our 2018 OneAZ Scholarship Recipients!
The following students have been selected as OneAZ Scholarship recipients. Each student received a $2,000 scholarship. We wish them a successful 2018 – 2019 academic year.
- Carley Astraus, Northern Arizona University
- James Babinsky, Northern Arizona University
- Shauna Bratton, University of Arizona
- Seamus Flannery, University of Arizona
- Jacob McGill, University of Arizona
- Ethan Morris, Chandler-Gilbert Community College
- Hailey Nisse, Northern Arizona University
- Dana Rasmussen, Arizona State University
- Connor Veschio, Coconino Community College
- Bruce Ybarra, Arizona State University
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
All Applicants must be a OneAZ Credit Union member with accounts in good standing from time of application to funds disbursement, or a child, step-child or grandchild of a OneAZ Credit Union member with accounts in good standing from time of application to funds disbursement.
- U.S. citizen and Arizona resident enrolled full-time at an Arizona university or community college in the 2018-2019 academic year
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submit a 400- to 500-word original essay that answers the following question: As you think about graduating and moving into the professional field, what financial needs are most important to you? Essays are judged on meaningfulness, originality, grammar, clarity of expression and composition.
- Officials and associates of OneAZ Credit Union and their immediate families (parents, childrens, siblings and spouses) are not eligible to receive a scholarship
- Prior scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for the 2018 Scholarship Program
- Scholarship finalists must provide:
- Proof of GPA and enrollment for the 2018-2019 academic year (per “Agreement to Rules”)
- OneAZ Credit Union account number
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Unverifiable materials, incorrect/misleading information or materials not submitted by the May 20, 2018 deadline will disqualify the finalist
- Note: preference may be given to members who are first responders, veterans or active military, or whose parent, grandparent or guardian is a first responder, veteran or active military.