2018 Scholarship Program
Cash for your college fund.
(Cap and gown not included.)
College is an important step towards a professional career. Pursuing educational dreams is expensive—that’s why the OneAZ Scholarship Program is here to help.
We will begin accepting applications for the 2018 OneAZ Scholarship Program on March 1. This year we will award ten scholarships valued at $2,000 each to students planning to attend an Arizona university or community college in the 2018-2019 academic year.
2018 Scholarship Program
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
All Applicants must be a OneAZ Credit Union member with accounts in good standing from time of application to funds disbursement, or a child, step-child or grandchild of a OneAZ Credit Union member with accounts in good standing from time of application to funds disbursement.
- U.S. citizen and Arizona resident enrolled full-time at an Arizona university or community college in the 2018-2019 academic year
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submit a 400- to 500-word original essay that answers the following question: As you think about graduating and moving into the professional field, what financial needs are most important to you? Essays are judged on meaningfulness, originality, grammar, clarity of expression and composition.
- Officials and associates of OneAZ Credit Union and their immediate families (parents, childrens, siblings and spouses) are not eligible to receive a scholarship
- Prior scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for the 2018 Scholarship Program
- Scholarship finalists must provide:
- Proof of GPA and enrollment for the 2018-2019 academic year (per “Agreement to Rules”)
- OneAZ Credit Union account number
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Unverifiable materials, incorrect/misleading information or materials not submitted by the May 20, 2018 deadline will disqualify the finalist
- Note: preference may be given to members who are first responders, veterans or active military, or whose parent, grandparent or guardian is a first responder, veteran or active military.
Application and Recipient Award Process
March 1, 2018: Applications open
April 22, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.: Applications close
Applications must be submitted online at OneAZcu.com/scholarship by 5 p.m. Arizona time on April 22, 2018. Late, incomplete, mailed, hand-delivered, scanned or faxed applications are not accepted.
April 23 – May 4, 2018: Judging of essay submissions
May 7, 2018: Finalists notified by email with eligibility confirmation requirements
Scholarship finalists receive an email with a request for required documents to confirm eligibility. Return notification of this email to OneAZ Credit Union as “undeliverable” from the finalist’s email address may result in disqualification.
May 20, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.: All eligibility confirmation documents due
All eligibility documents must be received by email to the scholarship@OneAZcu.com email address by 5 p.m. Arizona time on May 20, 2018. Failure to meet this deadline results in disqualification.
June 8, 2018: Scholarship recipients are notified
Finalists with confirmed eligibility become the 2018 OneAZ Scholarship recipients
June 11 – 22, 2018: Scholarship recipient photo sessions
A photo of each recipient is required to be taken with the branch manager at the nearest branch location. Photos may be used for media relations purposes.
June 27, 2018: Scholarship recipients are publicly announced
The 2018 OneAZ Scholarship recipients are publicly announced on this webpage.
July 14, 2018: Scholarship awards deposited
Scholarship recipients receive their award via direct deposit into the OneAZ Credit Union account listed on the application.