2017 Scholarship Program
Cash for your college fund.
(Cap and gown not included.)
College is an important step towards a professional career. Pursuing one’s educational dreams is expensive. The OneAZ scholarship program is here to help.
OneAZ is accepting applications for the 2017 OneAZ Scholarship Program. This year we will award 15 scholarships valued at $1,000 to five incoming junior or senior students at Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, and The University of Arizona.
Additionally, we are pleased to offer five $1,000 scholarships to incoming sophomore students at any Arizona community college. These are presented in the name of Quentin Bogart.
2017 Scholarship Program
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- U.S. citizen and Arizona resident enrolled full-time at Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University or the University of Arizona as an incoming junior or senior during the 2017-2018 academic year OR incoming sophomore at an Arizona community college
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submit one of the following with their application:
- Essay: Create a 500 word original essay that highlights the benefits of credit union membership to millennials (under the age of 30). Essays are judged on meaningfulness, originality, grammar, clarity of expression and composition
- Video: Create a 60-second video advertisement that highlights the benefits of credit union membership to millennials (under the age of 30). Videos are judged on meaningfulness, originality, creativity, clarity of expression and composition
- Officials and associates of OneAZ Credit Union and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings and spouses) are not eligible to receive a scholarship
- Prior scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for the 2017 Scholarship Program
- Scholarship finalists must provide:
- Proof of GPA and enrollment for the 2017-2018 academic year (per “Agreement to Rules”),
- OneAZ Credit Union account number
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Unverifiable materials, incorrect/misleading information or materials not submitted by the May 30, 2017 deadline will disqualify the finalist
Application and Recipient Award Process
March 3, 2017: Applications open
May 1, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.: Applications close
Applications must be submitted online at OneAZcu.com/scholarship by 5 p.m. Arizona time on May 1, 2017. Late, incomplete, mailed, hand-delivered, scanned or faxed applications are not acceptable.
May 2, 2017 – May 14, 2017: Judging of essay and video submissions
May 15, 2017: Finalists notified by email with eligibility confirmation requirements
Scholarship finalists receive an email with a request for required documents to confirm the finalist’s eligibility. Return notification of this email to OneAZ as “undeliverable” from the finalist’s email address may result in disqualification.
May 30, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.: All eligibility confirmation documents due
All eligibility documents must be received by email to the email@example.com email address by 5 p.m. Arizona time on May 30, 2017. Failure to meet this deadline results in disqualification.
June 13, 2017: Scholarship recipients are notified
Finalists with confirmed eligibility become the 2017 OneAZ Scholarship recipients.
June 13 – 27, 2017: Scholarship recipient photo sessions
A photo of each recipient is required to be taken with the branch manager at the nearest branch location. Photos may be used for media relations purposes.
June 28, 2017: Scholarship recipients are publically announced
The 2017 OneAZ Scholarship recipients are publically announced on this webpage.
August 1, 2017: Scholarship awards deposited
Scholarship recipients receive their award via direct deposit into the OneAZ Credit Union account listed on the application.
Help our scholarship fund grow.
The OneAZ Scholarship Program aims to instill college-going traditions in future generations of our members, providing financial access to improve degree attainment. With your support, together we can award more scholarships to support Arizona college students.