How to Apply for a Grant
It’s easy to apply for a grant from the OneAZ Community Foundation. And while there are many worthwhile programs in need of funding, we have established criteria to assist in funding decisions.
First, the program or initiative must be consistent with the mission of the OneAZ Community Foundation. That means it must promote the emotional well-being of people in need of resources from food banks, veterans’ interests, children’s health, financial education and local youth programs in our communities.
All grant requests must feature specific goals with measurable results. Requests should also show the ability to meet the program’s needs.
Other qualifications for potential recipients of OneAZ Community Foundation funding include:
- Tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and have been in existence for at least two years
- In compliance with the anti-discrimination laws at the local, state and federal levels
- Located within the state of Arizona
Two unique grant programs:
OneAZ Together is Better Grant
- Applications for funding will be considered every other month
- Applications accepted year-round
- Grants will be given in amounts up to $10,000, smaller requests have a higher likelihood of being funded
OneAZ Community Impact Grant
- Available on an annual basis to nonprofits who align with our areas of support
- Applications accepted June 1 – July 15, 2021
- Grants will be given in the amount of $2,000
Please keep in mind that our foundation does not fund endowment campaigns, individuals or individual projects, religious organizations, political causes or candidates, or reduction or liquidation of debt.
All general applications will be subject to approval from the OneAZ Community Foundation Board of Directors. The duration of the review process may vary and is determined by the Board’s schedule. It is the Board’s intent to meet every other month to review grant requests. Please take this into account if your request has a deadline and submit it in advance to allow for ample time.
Together, we make a difference.
Nonprofits are the lifeblood of Arizona. This year we will award $200,000 in grants to nonprofits that improve our communities and align with the pillars of support.
Local Youth Programs
We give back.
OneAZ Community Foundation gives back. Our mission is to improve the lives of our members, our associates and the communities we serve.