Learning to save money early can help teens become more responsible with their money and develop confidence in their financial skills.
- Set savings goals in the OneAZ Mobile Banking app
- Learn about financial concepts like interest rates
- Develop more meaning and ownership in how they use their savings
A OneAZ Teen Debit Card allows teens independence in managing their money while encouraging healthy spending habits that will help prepare them for adulthood.
- Analyze spending with financial wellness tools in the OneAZ Mobile Banking app
- Easily deposit their allowance or part-time job payment
- Parents can monitor account
Your Teen’s Debit Card Includes a OneAZ Free Checking Account
Accounts for Teens Must Be Opened in a Branch
What to bring when opening an account:
- State-issued ID
- Social Security Number
- Proof of Residency
- Student ID or state-issued ID
- Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number (TIN)
Open an account at your local branch today!
Financial Resources Guide
Teens and parents can learn more about budgeting, saving, and more bank account basics with OneAZ’s Financial Resources Guide.
The Best Tips for Opening a Checking Account for Your Kids
Helping your child or teenager open a bank account before they turn 18 provides them with a jumpstart to financial responsibility.Keep Reading
Direct Deposit Into a Savings Account vs. Checking
Most employers allow you to direct deposit your paycheck into a checking or savings account, or to split your paycheck between both checking and savings accounts.Keep Reading
5 Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Checking Account
These checking account features, tips and tricks will help you bank smarter and more efficiently.Keep Reading
Rates as of May 12, 2023.
* Checking is free; however, fees incurred—such as a stop payment or NSF fee—will apply. For complete terms and conditions, refer to the published Membership Account Agreement and Schedule of Fees and Charges. Applicants must meet OneAZ Credit Union eligibility requirements, including one (1) time $5 membership fee in Share savings. Requirements may be found at OneAZcu.com/membership. Courtesy Pay/overdraft coverage not available on account. Parent or Guardian required as joint owner. Teen Free Checking with Visa Debit Card is for individuals 13-18 years of age. Account is not eligible for any other promotion or offer.